Okay, so we’re doing it “Social Network” style this evening.
We’re about to dive into building a mobile application that makes us of the GPS radio and a Web Service that I’ll build to feed information of local business in your location to your mobile.
I’ve got the data so – the steps are:
- Migrate Data into SQL database
- Create a Web Service that Access the DB data
- Push the web service to my local Home Server
- Build Mobile Apps!
- Current target platforms are Android and Windows Mobile:
- I’ve already built a simple prototype to access the GPS Radio on the windows phone. It took like 5 minutes, it’s super simple. Calling the web service shouldn’t prove to be to hard either … the Android platform is where we lack the development experience.
- Here’s a really quick look at the GPS code for Windows Phone … Just this once =)
- I’ll be blogging about the progress of the application as we tear through it. Two programmers, Checklist music! (local rock band),
- Let’s see how far I can get to tonight … Game on!